As a long serving member of Crisis Support at Lifeline Canberra Mandy is passionate about the benefits and importance of Suicide Prevention and Mental Health training in our community.
Mandy believes that it is only through increased awareness and responsiveness that we can assist those who are struggling in both our community and our homes. And it is through educational programs such as Lifeline Canberra’s that these much needed skills and knowledge can be found.
• Advanced Diploma Community Services Management
• Advanced Diploma in Business
• Advanced Diploma in Human Resources
• Certificate IV in Telephone Counselling
• Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
• R2MR Trainer
• ASIST Trainer(bronze)
• Telephone Crisis Supporter 2001 - Current
• Inshift Support Supervisor 2003 - Current
• Director of Crisis Support 2013 - Current
Director of Strategic Engagements & Communications
Jenine has a passion for making a difference in our community, raising funds , delivering events, and engaging with sponsors and supporters are all part of raising vital funds and awareness for Lifeline Canberra.
EA to the CEO & Office Manager
Rachel is a driven professional in both the business sector and creative arts. She has a diverse skillset with 20+ years’ experience in business management, customer service and administration. She is passionate about supporting and enhancing the Lifeline Team.
Rachel was born in Canberra and loves her city! In 2019, she felt it was time to find a position that allowed her to give back to the community that she so loves. When the Lifeline door opened she knew it was the right path. Rachel is proud to be working with a dynamic team which supports the volunteers that provide crisis support for the Canberra community.
Client & Team Project Coordinator
Laura has a passion for people of the Canberra community and as our Client & Team Project Coordinator, Laura works closely with our trainers to enable and coordinate Mental Health Training across the community.
Laura has a strong background in administration, with over 9 years of experience in a range of administrative heavy roles, such as: Office Manager, Event & Marketing Coordinator and Client Relationship Manager.
• Diploma in Business Administration
• Diploma in Human Resources
• Diploma in Interior Design and Decorating
• Certificate IV in Business Management
• Office Manager
• Event & Marketing Coordinator
• Client Relationship Manager
• Fundraising Event Host (Volunteer), Melanoma Institute of Australia
Corporate Trainer & Business Development
Mark has a been an advocate for reducing stigma and improving mental health for many years and was introduced to Lifeline Canberra through training with the ACT Emergency Services Agency.
As an Intensive Care Paramedic and former Operations Manager for ACT Ambulance Service, Mark has had a varied background in Clinical Care, Emergency Management, Performance Management and developing Welfare Programs. Mark is passionate about improving the reach of Lifeline Canberra and the positive impact that we can have across the community.
• Bachelor of Science in Psychology and Visual Arts
• Advanced Graduate Diploma in Paramedic Science
• Authority to Practice – Intensive Care Paramedic
• 16+ Years Frontline Emergency Response Experience (UK and Australia)
As Angela was training to become a volunteer telephone crisis supporter for Lifeline Canberra, it was in the initial few moments of this training where she felt she was ‘destined’ to one day work for Lifeline Canberra.
To her great delight and excitement, a training opportunity saw this dream come to fruition. Angela’s expectations of herself is to always excel in her chosen roles by maximising her skill set and that these roles need to align with her core value of "making a difference in some small way”.
Angela has a fundamental belief that it is her lived experiences (both personally and professionally) and her volunteering over the years, that has shaped her to be a passionate, genuine and energetic trainer who relishes the prospect of being able to continue to learn from all she meets.
• Associate Diploma Diagnostic Radiography - Sydney Technical College
• Certificate of Attainment Diagnostic Ultrasound – Sydney Technical College
• Certificate of Clinical Proficiency in Mammography (CCPM) – University of South Australia
• Graduate Certificate in Management – University of Canberra
• Mental Health First Aid for the Suicidal Person Trainer (Mental Health First Aid Australia)
• Mental Health First Aid for Non-Suicidal Self-Injury Trainer (Mental Health First Aid Australia)
• Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Trainer – MHFA Australia
• Accredited Telephone Crisis Support Volunteer - Lifeline Canberra
• Certificate IV in Training and Assessment - CIT Solutions Canberra
• Accredited Domestic Violence Alert (DV Alert) Trainer for both General and Disability DV Streams - Lifeline Australia
• Private Practices - Radiographer
• Australian Federal Police – Constable Kenny Koala Puppeteer
• Starlight Foundation – Captain Starlight
• Lifeline Canberra – Corporate Trainer
• ACT Palliative Care Volunteer 2013 - Current
• Canberra and Region Multiple Birth Association (CARMBA) – held positions as Social Secretary, Librarian, Antenatal Tutor, Newsletter Editor, Vice President and President.
Chrissy is an experienced trainer and facilitator who has worked across both the Community and Private Sectors for over 15 years. She is a skilled and engaging communicator who has extensive experience across a variety of audiences.
Chrissy is a passionate advocate for reducing both personal (internal) and community (external) stigma around mental health issues. In particular she strives to raise awareness of suicide prevention as a community concern.
• Cert IV Training and Assessment
• Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) Trainer – LivingWorks
• Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) Trainer – MHFA Australia
• Road to Mental Readiness (R2MR) Trainer – Mental Health Commission of Canada
• Domestic & Family Violence Awareness )DV Alert & DV Aware) Trainer – Lifeline Australia
• Meditation Teacher and Holistic Counselling Certificate
• Certificate of Attainment, Mediation in the Workplace
• Life Coaching Certificate – New Horizons Australia
• Organisational Trainer, 10+ years – various industry inc Healthcare, Volunteer Management, Mental Health and Fitness
• Previous Small Business Operator, 5 years
• Mental Health Peer & Advocate
• Coach & Mentor
Teaching and Professional Development, with over 20 years’ experience in the area of Education with skills and experience in Professional Development and adult education.
Well-developed communication skills with published text for book, newsletters and articles.
Adaptable, flexible and resilient, channelling energy within the working environment and many volunteer projects. Recognises strength in diversity and fosters the importance working together to achieve mutual goals.
• Macquarie University - Bachelor of Education (BEd), Early Childhood Education and Teaching
• Corporate Trainer - Lifeline Canberra
• Board Member of ACT Disability Reference Group 2017 - Current
• President of ACT Down Syndrome Association
• Director Down Syndrome Australia
Mark comes to Lifeline Canberra as an experienced trainer following his ongoing dedication of embedding a ‘’Stop it at the Start” culture within sports clubs, schools and businesses to tackle issues such as family violence, bullying, sexual harassment and gender inequality.
Through his training programs, talks, men’s groups, coaching and his published book “How a Boy Becomes a Man – Planning a Rite of Passage to Manhood” Mark has inspired and trained leaders all over Australia to step up as people of influence to create teams that support, respect and look out for each other.
• Bach of Business Accounting and Finance - UTS
• Personal and Business Coaching Certificate - CoachU 2013
• Steven Covey Signature Program
• Energy for Performance Trainer
• Coaching Boys into Men Trainer
• Athletes as Leaders Trainer
• Live Respect Trainer
• Braving Leadership Trainer
• I Respect Bystander Intervention Program Trainer
• Corporate Trainer - Lifeline Canberra
• I RESPECT INITIATIVE - Founding Director/ Trainer of respectful relationship and bystander intervention trainings 2010 - Current
• OZHELP FOUNDATION, CANBERRA - National Account and Business Development Manager 2019 - Current
• 2015 Published Book: How a Boy Becomes a Man - Planning a rite of passage to manhood
• ManKind Project, Australia - Trainer and facilitator of men’s groups and Rites of Passage weekends 2008- Current
Lifeline Programs Manager
Alisha is passionate about people with a focus on supporting people to find and feel their own value. In her role as Lifeline Programs Manager Alisha empowers people so they can support any person in crisis.
With a background in Training & Facilitation mixed with administration and support services Alisha brings excellent communication skills through her passion and an eye for detail in processing the administration.
• Cert IV in Training and Assessment
• Cert IV in Mental Health
• Cert IV in Telephone Counselling
• Cert IV in Business Administration
• Cert III in Early Childhood Education
• Statement of Attainment in Psychological First Aid
• Statement of Attainment in Recognise and respond appropriately to domestic and family violence
• Master Trainer with LivingWorks Education Australia
• Accredited Crisis Supporter Workplace Training (CSWT) facilitator
• Accredited DV Alert Trainer for General, Disability, Multicultural, Settlement and Indigenous Streams
With a long career in financial administration and logistics, Trish understands the need to maximise resources to be available in times of need, while also maintaining an administrative framework in the background. She is most content when we have a Phone Room filled with volunteers.
As a volunteer herself, Trish feels privileged to listen to a caller who is desperately lonely, suffering from mental illness or so despairing they are considering suicide. She is saddened by the annual increase in calls and the need for Lifeline’s service, and simultaneously comforted by the generous volunteers willing to be there to listen to callers.
• Associate Diploma in Accounting
• Graduate Certificate in Logistics
• Certificate !V in Telephone Counselling
• 20+ years with ActewAGL in finance and logistics management
• Telephone Crisis Supporter 2003 – Current
• In Shift Supporter 2005 – Current
• WFM System Administrator 2013 - Current
Having worked in an acute tertiary hospital and then with Lifeline, Dawn is conscious of the stress and responsibility faced by health care workers and the utmost importance of prioritising our own self-care and mental health.
• 20 years as a registered nurse, specialising in neurology and stroke intervention.
• Volunteer telephone crisis supporter with Lifeline Canberra 2012 - Current
• Centre supervisor with Lifeline Canberra 2014 - Current
Felicity is a Centre Supervisor at Lifeline Canberra, providing training and supervision to Crisis Supporters and members of the community. Felicity is passionate about supporting individuals with mental illness particularly in the law enforcement and first responders work place.
• Registered Counsellor with Australian Counselling Association
• Certificate IV in Training & Assessment
• Certificate IV in Telephone Counselling Skills
• Masters of Counselling
• Graduate Diploma of Psychological Science
• Bachelor of Justice
• Mental Health First Aid Trainer
•Telephone Crisis Supporter
• In-shift Supervisor
• Mental Health First Aid Trainer
• Telephone Crisis Supporter 2013 - Current
• In-shift Supervisor 2014 - Current
• Centre Supervisor with Lifeline Canberra 2014 - Current
• 10 years working in Law Enforcement with Australian Customs & Border Protection Service
Joshua is passionate about supporting those in crisis and finding ways to foster their resilience. Joshua strives to support those who volunteer to assist with people in crisis and believes in the importance of community mental health knowledge and skills.
• Bachelor of Arts, majoring in psychology (2012-2014)
• Honours in Psychology (2015)
• PhD in Psychology (2018)
• Youth worker 2017- 2018
• Lifeline TCS 2016 - Current
• Menslink Mentor 2017 - Current
Rebecca is passionate about supporting people with mental illness and raising awareness about mental health issues in the community. She enjoys working with people and the Lifeline Canberra volunteers as they support people in crisis.
• In-Shift Supervisor and Centre Supervisor 2019 - Current
• Lifeline TCS 2017 - Current
As a Centre Supervisor in the Crisis Support Team, Brendan’s drive is to support Lifeline’s committed volunteers working on our Crisis Support Line. He believes our volunteers provide a true gift to the community; their time and their willingness to listen to those in need.
He has over 7 years of experience across different domains of Human resource function. Kunal is passionate about People, Organisation Culture and Dynamics. He has been looking after Human Resource and Finance at Lifeline Canberra since April 2018.
Terina began as the Lifeline Canberra receptionist in January 2017, you will hear her friendly voice every time you ring through to us. A real people person, always assisting at the Bookfairs, and other fundraising events we have on during the year. She keeps the cogs turning at our organisation on a daily basis.
Warehouse Operations Lead
Jenelle a true warrior when it comes to operations at the warehouse - her role includes to plan, direct and manage the operations of the Lifeline Canberra Warehouse in the preparation and supply of material for all bookfairs. It is also a vital component of her role to foster a safe, inclusive and productive environment for all volunteers.
Lisa joined the team in February 2020, her role as Donations Courier includes: the coordination of all donations at the Lifeline Canberra Warehouse. Coordinator of all Lifeline Canberra Bookfair logistics and liaison with Lifeline Canberra office for collecting scheduling
Events and Volunteer Coordinator
Winnie started in 2014 as a trainee at reception. Employed by the Australian Training Company - studying Cert 4 Frontline Management. She completed her traineeship and was lucky enough to be officially employed by Lifeline Canberra. Winnie began in the Event & Volunteer Coordinator role in 2016 and has loved growing up surrounded by such an amazing, supportive and loving group of people.
Melissa has been a part of the Lifeline Canberra for many years as one of our Ambassadors. She began her role as Communications Coordinator in October 2018, an opportunity to good to pass up. She's exceptionally proud to be working for an organisation so close to her heart, as she begins to move forward with life after her track career.